Sunday, January 24, 2010

He Knows My Name

Psalm 139 describes the depth to which God knows me.

Verse one says that He knows how hard it is for me to get up in the morning: "You know when I sit down and when I rise up..."

Verse two reveals that my mess of wavering thoughts are no surprise to Him: " You understand my thought from afar...."

He knows why I do the things I do, what motivates me: "And are intimately acquainted with all my ways..."

My God knows how hard it is to control my tongue sometimes: "Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all..."

He knows my future and guides me. There is never a place or time that I am outside of His notice: "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there..."

This Psalm reminds me that my Heavenly Father knows the Melissa that no one else sees, and still loves me: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts..."

He thinks of me often, when I feel that no one else does: "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

I praise God with the Psalmist: "Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it."


My God knows how I work and how I think. He knows how I need to be lead as a shepherd leads His sheep. This is how the Lord has been leading me lately. He has been revealing how intricately He knows me while challenging me to walk in the way everlasting. I pray that you, too, will know this kind of intimacy with your Creator and allow His gentle hand to lead you.

No comments:

Post a Comment