Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Blessings

God delights to give His children good gifts. I have found this to be true in my life this week.

First, I returned safely from Dallas, TX where I attended Wycliffe teacher training. Many friends called to wish me happy birthday and even more filled my facebook with comments. I flew back into the Tri-Cities on my birthday with enough time to chat with my parents and have a wonderful nap. Then, I woke up to my precious extended family and a few friends. We spent the evening chatting, eating wonderful BBQ, and playing cards. Oh, and the best part? My cousin Katlyn and her husband Devan made me a llama cake!!!


The next day was the Fourth of July. Again, I was able to spend time with family. On the downside, my computer crashed. :( But guess what?! God knew it was going to happen. He had my wonderful cousin David create a backup of almost all of my hardrive the day before. AND it looks as though the computer might be save-able too! Wow!

Today, the fifth, was a more low-key day. I said a sad goodbye to a handful of family members whom I will not see again before I leave. Then, I took another nap and woke up to go kayaking with mom and dad. It was serene and relaxing. God just seems to know exactly how to take care of me. What a loving Heavenly Father I serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment