Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Bad Blow

I've had fairly peppy posts up until now. This one won't be. So if you are in the mood for something happy, stop reading and go get a coffee.

I found out today that my monthly budget needs for PNG are being raised by $281. This means that I will need an another $281 each month to live in PNG. This also means that I am not as far along in my partnership as I had hoped. My spirits are down today because of what this might do to my plans.

I cannot buy a ticket to leave for PNG until I am 95% funded. I am nowhere close to that goal and my departure date (August 16th) is only four and a half weeks away.

Now I know God can do miracles, and He has already done many along this journey. Perhaps He is just pulling away any last hope I had in accomplishing this on my own. Perhaps He doesn't want me there in August...I don't know.

The picture I keep getting in my head is of my little cousin Samantha when her parents or I tell her she cannot have something she really wants. She rarely puts up a fight but instead will look up at you with pain in her eyes and ask, "But why?" This is what I feel like I am experiencing with my Heavenly Father right now. My disappointment does not negate my trust, it only reminds me that I trust in a Person, not a situation. If you have a second, would you mind praying for me today? Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for your discouragement, Melissa! I'll be praying today for your encouragement and continued trust in the Lord. I know He'll provide in His timing for what He wants to accomplish in you. Don't lose heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa, just came across your blog today! Your situation sounds kind of like mine last summer! I was set to move to Bangkok in mid-July, and on my departure day, I was still waiting for my visa to arrive! I had many complications before I left, because I only had 2 months between getting hired and moving! Anyway, I remember thinking the same things, Am I ok if this all falls through? It must be especially scary when it all has to do with funding. May you defy the enemy by walking in the victory and joy of knowing God is in complete control. Can't wait to hear how things work out, Melissa! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melissa,

    Bless your heart! The Great Provider is able to meet ALL your needs within the scope of His will and timing. So, you can rest, Sister, in the perfect provision of the One who owns the cattle on a thousand hills. I have been reading The Screwtape Letters and one of the greatest tools of satan's workers is discouragement...he shall NOT have his way with God's faithful servants...rest in the Lord's ability, Melissa.
    "He is able to do exceedingly abuntantly above all we think or ask"!
    Thank you for contributing to our Israel mission trip. Frankly, we were shocked that you, one in need for their own missionsary commitment, would be provide for us! It is even more proof of your heart to please the Lord and desire His will. Therefore, Romans 8:28 is a perfect verse for you, a faithful Christ-loving servant..."ALL things (will) work out for good for Melissa who loves God and is called according to His purpose", Amen and Amen! We leave in a week for Israel and you will remain in our prayers. Love you. Bruce and Beth

    ReplyDelete